Out of Game Edit
K'lar was founded as a full-fledged chapter in the DGBA in 2003, based out of Lawrence University in Appleton, WI. In 2014, it joined the Kingdom of Jerusalem as a unit and eventually was disbanded as a unit later on. K'lar holds a unique and honored place in the Fellowship of Pahmoten, as many original Fellowship members started their Dagorhir experience in K'lar.
K'lar is a continent within the World of Pahmoten books, birthplace of Sirilay and much of the Fellowship's storyline.
In Game Edit
Symbols, Heraldry, and Icons Edit
The K'laren coat of arms was created by Rebecca Glon and remains the same as the country's within the World of Pahmoten books.
- Out of game symbolism:
- blue & green fields - the banks of the Fox River on which Lawrence University is situated
- sword - the first weapons created and wielded by K'larens
- griffin - representing the bravery and courage of its members
- sun - Lawrence's motto is Light, More Light!
- In game symbolism (ie World of Pahmoten heraldry and K'lar's history in story form)
- blue - hope for growth. K'lar is one of the youngest countries in their world.
- green - tradition, to establish some traditions of their own.
- sword - the main weapon used by K'lar's discoverers. The Sword of K'lar is a legend that spins a tale of one of the founder's swords, Skybreak, named for its destruction after falling from a high cliff.
- griffin - courage, and also the founders' love of griffins. This was allegedly how the island continent was found, by spotting griffins playing on sea air currents.
- sun - strength, what is necessary for building new establishments and carrying load after load of supplies into the new country.